Monday, November 21, 2011

DGSAK2011

I know I have been gone for about a week now - no excuses.
(only that I had 4 assignments to hand-in and I have not been home since Friday).

I have been in Høje Taastrup, with a group of 11 from my school, for the Dansk Gymnasie Sammenslutning's Aktivitets Konferrence (Danish high school association's activity conference) also known as DGS AK 2011 with high school students from all over Denmark. It's an organisation that supports and works for better conditions for students in Denmark. You can read about them at www.dgsnet.dk



Let me just say that I had a blast! Check my schedule ! I used Google to translate the original schedule paper because it is in danish:


Program for DGS 'Activity Conference
18th-20th November 2011 in High Taastrup Gymnasium
Friday

5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Arrival and registration
18.00 Rostrum Course
18.30 Course in writing amendments
19.00 1. formalities
a. Opening of the meeting
b. Election of chairman cabinet
c. Approval of Agenda
d. Treatment of Rules
e. Choice of voice and credentials committee
20.00 Group work on "
Education is for everyone"
21.15 Dinner
22.00 Lounges (international, HF and IB) and the little party
01:00 Good night
The deadline for amendments to the "Education is for everyone" and still lifes to DGS 'Board at00.00, but no earlier than 2 hours after the end of the meeting

Saturday

9:00 Wake up, breakfast and bath
10.00 2. Board policy and organizational semester report
11.30 3. Board financial half year report
12.00 Group work on "New Government - DGS in educationoffensive" and IB-paper
13.30 Lunch
The deadline for opinions and IB-paper at14.30
14.30 Guest speaker
14.45 5. Treatment of "Education and for all"
15.45 4. Treatment of IB-paper
16.30 Guest speaker
16.45 6. Choosing Action: DGS 'Board
18.45 7. Treatment of opinions
20.00 Dinner and celebration
03:00 Good night
The deadline for amendments to the "New Government - DGS ineducation offensivesetups to alternate DGS 'Board andHF-Committee pm. 00.00, but no earlier than 2 hours after theend of the meeting

Sunday
9:00 Wake up, breakfast and bath
10.00 8. Choosing Action: Alternates to DGS 'Board and HFCommittee
11.00 9. Treatment of "New Government - DGS in educationoffensive '
12.30 Meeting Evaluation
13.00 Lunch and departure








I packed a lot of stuff, but forgot to get a plaid with me so i slept on the floor with my sleeping bag and my huge pillow.
Actually i carried the biggest bag in school(it is almost as tall as me), because I would not catch my train in time if i had to go home to drop off my school books, pick up my bag and then go to the central station... and the central station is like 500 meters from my school. IT WAS SO "¤"%" HEAVY - but that is because of my laptop..... HAHAHA !
The train was stuffed ! I sat in corner on the floor on top my bag - I was actually damn lucky to fit in the corner because if not, i would have to stand up the whole trip.

The trip was great, but the debates were quite.... ZzzzZzzz sometimes, but mostly it was really interesting. I had a bunch of ideas but they were already taken when i suggested them for the "Education is for everyone"-paper. I have never dared to talk in front of people just spontaneously - I don't have the guts for it ... but there was also like 300 that participated in the event.

 Coincidentally I ate a sweet dish of pumpkin stuffed with vegetables and something creamy, without knowing that the cream was a sort of whipped cream. I forgot that I'm allergic to heavy cream(since when ? - for along time now, but i have never been sure about it,  but i have known about it since the autumn holiday) and that ... made me go to bed early because my stomach was in pain. The (class)rooms were split up in provinces - boy/girl not separated(we slept on a high school), but there were also a "silent-room" for those who sleeps early or wants to rest in peace. There was also a room only for girls and since i wanted to go to bed early i might as well go to that room. There was a party and lounges and people had not unpacked yet, so i did not wanted to be waken up in the middle of the night because somebody can't find their socks or if they puke or something... To my surprise the room was completely empty - it was a storage for musical instruments. I conquered the place but there was really nobody who came to the room at all!! i slept like a queen on a rock but felt no pain or ache in my body the next morning :D

The food was DELICIOUS !!!! ABSOLUTELY DIVINE !!# Their vegetarian and vegan food can't be described !! UHMMMM !!!!! I loved the dinner we had Saturday(because Friday's dinner made me feel sick) and the breakfast, because their homemade müsli was perfectly roasted.



The party Saturday night was fun, but suddenly the fire alarm went on and we had to evacuate outside in front of the main port... it was freaking 2 degrees !!!, but in my case .. I had my buddy guards and it was crowded enough that none was freezing. A girl from my province passed because she had a serious panic-attack. Both the firetruck and the ambulance came and it was really like a drama scene from a bad old movie. When we could go inside again, the clock was about three in the morning and i decided to hit my sleeping bag as fast as i could.



Sunday morning(yawn*) was a killer - i assumed everyone had a headache, but even though i was fresh there was something about the mood in the hall that made me sleepy too. I decided to send the younger group from my school home and stayed there for another two hours before i packed my stuff and went on the train with the senior group from my province. I talked with my friend and he promised me to pick me up at the central station, but he was late when i arrived (20 minutes late?). He was kind enough to carry my bag and drive the province chairman home and then i took two hours of his life to tell him about everything about my trip and to decide if we should eat or catch a movie. He took me to Jenses Bøfhus(a restaurant) to share a dessert and a cup of tea, before i had to go home. The icecream was okay -  it was a new one with coffee flavor and only for a limited time but the portion was too small for the price -.-
Well----  We had a lot of fun trying the new McDonald's coinoffer application. I'll make a video about it tomorrow.


btw. I have a hypercard(but i has expired, but nobody can check it anyway beside the buses) and it works like discount card. Usually i would have to pay the price of an adult when i take the train and that would cost me 228 dkr one way, but because i have the card, i can travel to the bridge and only buy a ticket for the other province the bridge connects to, which means i only paid 141 dkr.  On  the way home, i brought a ticket to Korsør(the lat stop before the bridge to my province Fyn) and that costed me 75 dkr ... HAHAHA! But my school pays for the entire trip, and the office ladies were surprised that i had the smallest bill for them ^^

btw the charger for my Macbook is broken - the head is broken - my friend had another head(the american one, and i have a transformer but that is better than nothing. BTW. i still love my IBM thinkpad !




Just to wrap it up: I had a wonderful weekend, i met a lot of people across the country and made a lot of friends, party all night is no good and next time there is some kind of evacuation i have to grab a blanket or my coat and my phone. Angry birds is good ! - I will definitely attend the next congress this spring !!
- there is A LOT of handsome guys there !! Hhahah just joking but really, there IS a lot of good-looking guys there. - pictures from the conference will be up in a couple of days !, but at least you can get the low-quality ones that i have, ^^





night peeps! It's Tuesday tomorrow = Doomsday^^


//:Emtie out - Posted using my iPhone