Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lend a hand

I have not been active on the blog for days and that is, because i have a lot of homework and assignments to kill. I have to turn one in this sunday(Omg?), this monday and this wednesday too !, and they all belong to the "big ones" = about 8 pages. ..... which means that i eventually would not be able to blog this weekend .... sigh*

Yesterday was "Operation Dagsværk" also known as OD-day and it is some kind of a charity day. OD is a fund that raises money for a good cause and this year the money would be donated to a project in Peru. 
The OD-day is a day where almost every high school in denmark let their students have a day off and instead they can find a job and work for about 6 hours (that's recommend) for 300 dkr for the fund. Of course we have to find the job weeks before the day and i tried to get a job at DSB, but they're were full, but luckily my school found me a quick job: I had to work as a waitress at a cafe for 5 hours, from 10 to 15 for 300 dkr. When i came to the cafe, without any kind of information or notice, they just send me into an elevator, pressed a code to get down to the basement and then I had to find an uniform myself. I was just glad to see that they were stacked up in piles. ^^
I did not expect it would be pretty tiring, because it is a popular cafe and the place was stocked from 11 to 15,  but i had a lot of fun and suitcase full of experience. 
My "one-day" colleagues were really kind and patient with me, because I had a lot of trouble from the morning with some orders. I ate free lunch there too and it was delicious!

When i finished my shift... or when I realized that my shift was over was when my boss asked why i still was there.... well i accidentally forgot time and worked there for an extra hour or so.... 

When we work we have to have a work permit that is divided into three parts: the first one is for the employer. He/she has to sign the paper and write how much money they have paid in order to make sure that the money doesn't end in someone's pocket. the second part of the receipt is for the organization and that is to make sure that i did not cheat or anything. the last part is my ticket/receipt for free and limitless transportation in Denmark all day. 
I wanted to go to Copenhagen just to stroll, but I still have my curfew.... which means that i can't afford to be busted... and even out of town. I would be a corpse in the morning if i did... It would take me 3 hours in total with train, and if i had to be home before 8 ... i would have about an hour before i had to be home... But then i met a friend that made me change my mind and we went to the movies instead. We watched Johnny English and Oh I have missed the charming face of that man ! I really liked the movie, but it is not a movie you an discuss about afterwards, so my friend and i parted and i biked home in the dark. 
Pretty exhausted, pretty happy and pretty paranoid... 

Well I got to go. My assignments are trying to seduce me but my bed is more tempting. Night peeps!