Friday, March 4, 2011

The one

//:Emtie
There is only one gift that suits the girl of your life – and that’s a diamond ring.
but then again… check this!
It’s a a rough uncut 10 carat diamond ring called “r¿ng”. It cost about $5.000 and it can be found here. The special thing about this ring is that it comes with 3 different colored diamonds. I think they’re quite simple… but then again… (looking at the picture again*)  -  Narrrh… Nothing special.. actually..
To be hornest… I prefer the box over the ring – because THAT box is a magnificent piece of art !!
And @ Behance.net I found this poem about the ring

My love it came, my love it went...
So I plied and so I played
with brevity and breadth, I gauged with breath
and depth
and mined and mounded, and with my arms I then held it.
Three stones.
A big black rock. An average to large white rock. And a smaller yellow rock... The economy of desire was measurable but not immutable
And with all that was left, bent gold around each cleft,
was shaped band and claws from a propeller lent.
Till threaded and golden gleamed this ring thrice revolving.
[Threaded, that is, to keep her mindful of the stone and of me.]
boxed and placed and presented and requested...
“..?
So now, she chooses which stone to wear - one for work and one for stares.  One for evenings and one for mourning's.
One for what ever she cares.
And now I too play this game of choice... to add another to the compliment of raw precious diamonds; rough to remind my nights before her, and rare as the days now empty.
Or, to take one away.
~



It’s kinda funny.. because when I saw this at first…
I thought it was a solid piece of asphalt… which I find more amusing…