Sunday, April 14, 2013

Time traveling and gay matters



I just finished another korean drama series yesterday - actually i've finished two since Faith - and well this one was actually a good one. It's called "Rooftop Prince"and is starring  Mickey Yoochun (former singer from DBSK/TVXQ) and Ha Ji Min. I really liked the plot and it was a fun one to watch.  Just as Faith it is about time traveling but also about reincarnation.  Here's a synopsis I found from DramaWiki:

When Crown Prince Lee Gak is transported 300 years into the future to present day Seoul along with his three retainers, they believe that it is their duty to solve the murder case of the Crown Princess in order to return to Joseon.They land in the rooftop apartment of Park Ha, a cheerful woman in her mid-20s, who eventually believes the odd quartet's predicament and becomes their guardian.As Park Ha educates the four on life in the 21st century, Lee Gak comes across Hong Se Na, who seems to be the reincarnation of his wife.Taking on the identity of Yong Tae Yong, Lee Gak slowly begins to unravel the murder of Yong Tae Yong and in turn moves closer to solving the murder case of the Crown Princess.As he finds himself in love with Park Ha, he figures that maybe the Crown Princess was not so perfect after all...
It sounds boring.. Even I thought it too, but after reading some reviews i tried my luck and I don't regret it. There were many funny moments and the ending is annoying me, because i don't really get if the two main characters get each other or not... Okay i don't want to reveal anything else ! In the beginning the soundtrack of this one reminded me of Faith and I  actually found out it's the same singer, Ali, that sings the main theme songs in both dramas (Carry On and Sangcheo).  I give it a score of 8/10 and i would actually watch it again sometime ;)







The other Drama series that I mentioned earlier is called "Personal Preference", starring  Son Ye Jin  and Lee Min Ho. Yes, Lee Min-ho again (eye candy ftw!!!). It's based on a book with the same title by Lee Se-in and here's the plot:

Jeon Jin Ho is a straight guy who pretends to be gay in order to become Park Kae In's roommate. His hobbies include organization and ironing, and he's known for his stoic poker face. He's a stickler for cleanliness, but he also has a talent for figuring out a women's feelings. Kae In is very trusting even though she has a habit of being betrayed. However that doesn't stop her from giving people the benefit of doubt and Jin Ho is no different. How will Kae In react when she finds out that her gay roommate is not actually gay at all and that he has fallen for her? --Source: Javabeans

The synopsis makes it sound funnier than it really is. Well, it was good at some points but when thinking back, I actually found the most of it boring. The couple had to face so many obstacles, but the way they tackled them, just kept making the problem even worse.  Another thing that annoyed me was that the woman seemed way older than the man... okay well...The best part (and the only i remember so far) was when Park Gae In dressed up as a boy with the ugliest, baby-hair mustache. 
OH! I almost forgot! I loved Lee Min-Ho's outfits! I would die for that beige parka he wore!! XD.

I would give it 4.5/10



Big hugs ! ~ Emtie